Welcome to My Travel Diary

Welcome to My Travel Diary

Sunday, November 3, 2013

Treasure Hunt at George Town

Jeng Jeng Jeng~~~
Family Trip to Penang!!!
It has been years we had trip together as a family.

as now adays only my sisters who are working and my parents will go vacation together... 
No money cannot go.. T>T

Nah... no necessary to go oversea, travel locally can also be fun is my motto!!!

So... went to my dad place on thursday night with excitement!!!
As the rest are joining us the next day!!
But of course since they drive all the way from Selangor,
so means the whole day would be only me day as my dad have to work as well,

so decided to walk around myself after getting some information from friends and internet.

Walking to Queens Bay mall to get a bus to Jetty near George Town.








Opposite of the mall,
a nice view of Penang bridge.

The bus service here is very frequent.
but not all the bus will bring you to Jetty.
If you want to go Jetty from Queen's Bay Mall,
You will have to take Bus No. 307 or 401.
After 30 minutes of waiting.
Tadah~~~~

The bus journey take around 40 minutes!!
Then i start my walking journey!!!




First Stop!!!
Chew Jetty!!
Honestly this is the only stop i thought off.
I was thinking to go see see, and then go back to queen's bay for a movie to end my day.

Then i saw this~~~~


Yup Mural!!
So feel interested...
and start looking for another one as some one told me there is another one in front of Chew Jetty.



*So many tourist are they. Thanks to them. or else i will walk passed this place without knowing it is the Chew Jetty.


Many souvenir can be bought there.
My personal favourite,
Key Chain!!

From here, i bought a key chain that have all the pictures of the mural.
Love it so much!!

Tadah!!!
My 2nd Mural encounter!!
Sad to see the colour are faded!!



Then i remembered i bought a mural key chain,
so decided to take a photo like this~~~~


This is how my journey started!!!
Decided to take picture of all the mural with the key chain i bought!!!
Excitement comes!!!
Treasure hunt starts!!

But before that, enjoy the view around Chew Jetty~~~
A calm and peaceful Fishing Village.


Old Fire Engine!!!
It is antique i believe!!!
Not sure if it is still functional or not.




Along the streets you can find many old shop lots.
Even they are old.
But it really fit well in the town!!!
You will feel amazed as it feels like time travelling back to the 70's.


After a short walk,
Mural again!!
This is the most famous one i believe!!
I love the expression of the children.
It really show how we enjoy the fun as simple as riding a bicycle.
No Ipad, No Iphone. 
Is just simple Fun!!!


Saw this souvenir shop.
Thanks to the owner.
Which gives me lots of information of the mural.
and also gave me a map of Penang and other useful brochure.







Another mural.
You are suppose to act like pushing the box when taking the picture.

Anyway a helpful guy gave me a map of all the mural in the town!!
thanks to him i am able to capture picture of all the mural!!!

An attraction Khoo Kongsi is nearby.
it features the nyonya's culture etc.
I had been there before,
so did not enter it.




After that, i just continue my journey~~~~



Anyway, in the town.
You not only can find those colourful murals!!
You also can find all this nice and creative steal sculpture!!!
Just pay attention as you walk around the town.
and you will be amazed by all this wonderful sculpture!


It just brighten your days as you encounter all this little murals around the town!!!
A unique feature in the town!!
Is like the town is full of treasure.
and many more yet to be discovered!!


This mural looks a little scary!!
is like ghost in haunted movies!! hahaha





Our Art is Dying!!!
Indeed i agree!!! So if you interested to visit,
DO IT NOW!!!!
or prepare to be disappointed!!



This one already faded!!
especially the dinasour~~~



After taking this photo,
that marks the end of my mural hunt!!
Hungry!!!
Time for food!!

But i do not feel satisfied!!
Since the heritage buildings is nearby,
i decided to go another walk again!!
I feel so crazy now!!!

Below is a compilation of the steal structure and other mural i took!!!







.
Thanks for reading Blue Lagoon Travel Diary~~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...