Welcome to My Travel Diary

Welcome to My Travel Diary

Wednesday, November 6, 2013

KL Colonial Heritage Walk

After so long,
finally make up my mind to head to KL for a Colonial Heritage Walk!
The excitement begin with breakfast at a nearby restaurant.
This restaurant is century old with lots of delicious food.
Apparently, beef noodle serve best here but unfortunately due to my personal reason I do not eat Beef.
So i had pork noodle instead.
It taste great!! Same goes to other dishes we ordered.
But please beware that it is quite oily.
*Forget it... Once in a blue moon~~ haha *
Definitely will come again when i head for my KL Eatery Tour!!!

Lai Fong Coffee House
Pork Noodle, Char Siew, Roasted Pork, Chicken Rice and White Coffee
After breakfast, the journey begins~~~
It is so fun to be in Treasure Hunting again!!
This time Hunt for Old Colonial Buildings in the Capital of Malaysia, Kuala Lumpur!

Don't worry I am not going to tell you history of each building.
But i had provided you a link to find out yourself if you are interested at the bottom of this entry.

First Stop within 5 minutes walking distance,
you can find the Lebuh Pasar Besar and Clock Tower.
Lebuh Pasar Besar
Lebuh Pasar Besar

Look at the middle,
please becareful if you do not want to start your day splashed by the water from the fountain installed on the floor.
Lucky I was not standing there when the water splash orelse I think I will not be able to type out my journey here.

Clock Tower
Can you see the water splashing from the ground?

Just right opposite, you can see this white colour building.
Which is the OCBC Building.
OCBC Building
Masjid Jamek
Gian Singh Building
Oriental Building
Session and Magistrate Court

Panggung Bandar raya
(Formal City Hall)

High Court Building
Sultan Abdul Samad Building
Old General Post Office
National Textile Museum


Old Chartered Bank Building
Government Printing Office
At the moment, the old government printing office had been converted into a gallery.
I am so lucky to get to visit this place as it really amaze me!!
Why?
Continue reading!!
Inside this building, it features pictures of KL, other than that, there showcase some old stamp as well. Basically everything about KL!!

Stamps and other pictures of KL

Replica of Gallery KL, Masjid Jamek and KLCC

Nothing Special?
Just a place full of boring history of KL?
YOU ARE WRONG!!!
There is this place on the 1st floor of the gallery.
It feature the LARGEST KL Model!!
Basically is like the whole KL on this room!!
FANTASTIC!!!
It allow you to see the night scene and KL under day light.
Strongly recommend everyone to go this place as it is FREE OF CHARGE!!!


Royal Selangor Club
Cathedral of Saint Mary 

After snapping this photo I headed home because is starting to rain...
and because of that I did not manage to capture another 3 more interesting building.
But you can find it from the link below!!

Alright, hope you enjoy reading my blog as much as I enjoy writing it for you.

For more information about the history of each building, please click HERE.

You can click this LINK for the Map of this Heritage Trail.

Special Credit to my friend Soon Huat for joining me for this trip!!

Thanks for reading Blue Lagoon Travel Diary~~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...